Karun Shakya is the Senior Marketing Manager of CG|Motocorp, the authorised distributor of Suzuki four-wheelers in Nepal. Shakya believes that when it comes to marketing, you can be either updated or outdated, and being someone who prefers to stay at the top of his game, made all the effort needed to adapt to new emerging digital trends. Shakya started his career as a frontline salesperson and then shifted to marketing where he has spent 15 years in the automobile industry. “My passion for wheels, since childhood, propelled me towards this industry and I haven’t thought of switching to any other sector to date,” he shares. The automobile industry is a dynamic one in Nepal and comes with its own set of challenges and that’s what makes it all the more interesting to Shakya. He says that a good mentor and strong dedication have helped him accelerate his career. In this edition of Business 360, Shakya shares his list of favourite brands, and what he has learned from some of them. Top 4 apps
- Premier League
- Everest Base Camp
- Khaptad National Park
- Nepal Knotcraft Centre
- Yatri Motorcycles
- Henry Ford
- Animal Nepal
- Have an inquisitive mindset.
- With the amount of data that is being generated, a marketer should be analytical.
- Be willing to work with others.
- “Starting your own business is a constant process of growth and learning”
- “Don’t jump into business because you have capital, start because you want to. Your mindset and desire to run a business is much more important than money”
- “An entrepreneur should know what their customers will seek before they actually know what they want”
Published Date: January 21, 2022, 12:00 am
Click Here To Read Full Issue
RELATED Top Pick
Top Pick November 28, 2023